Welcome to the Questions project page! Start a thread or join one already in progress.
Is there a way to make small gifts towards the running costs/hosting of aSK? Helen K 05:31, 20 March 2010 (UTC)
- Well, such a thing is possible if you really want to, but I haven't made any provision for it yet. So far the costs have been small and I've been happy to cover them myself. Philip J. Rayment 03:03, 22 March 2010 (UTC)
Is there a standard way to ask for editing help? noobie questions, quick review and suggestions, possible mentoring and/or collaboration. At the moment I'm adding Early christian church history which is not in great shape for public viewing; maybe I should do some work on it offline or in user space. Disciple (talk) 04:55, 5 July 2014 (UTC)
- There is no defined or customary way, but even a request on your own talk page would suffice, as there is not so much activity that potential helpers wouldn't notice there.
- Regarding Early Christian church history, I'll have a go at it myself. (I'd already looked at it, but decided to leave it for now to allow you to do more if that was your plan.)
- On the question more generally, I don't like very short stub-type articles, but in most cases I think it's possible to have an article that is reasonably "complete" in that it doesn't look like it's half-finished, although there may well be much more that could be added. For example, it could be just an overview with more details to come later, or a historical topic might cover part of the period concerned, or something like that.
- I do tend to work offline myself, but if you want, and think you could get, collaboration in the early stages then you need to work in the article space
- Philip J. Raymentdiscuss 06:11, 5 July 2014 (UTC)